Thursday, September 6, 2007

Football

Ok, I must admit that I am a huge football fan. I'm really excited that the season starts tonight. I play fantasy football, have Sunday Ticket and even watch some of the pre-season games.

Speaking of the pre-season, I was watching several of the games and noticed something different on the back of the QB helmet. They each had a little green dot. I first noticed it while watching the Cowboys play but began seeing it more and more as the pre-season continued.

At the time I wondered what was going on with the helmets. I haven't thought about it much since, but if you had the same question here's the answer a I found today.

According to Paul Lukas the uni-watch guy on Page 2 of ESPN.com he states:

"The dot is being applied to helmets equipped with radio receivers, only one of which for each team is allowed on the field at any given moment."

Wow, I'm glad we cleared all of that up. I can sleep better tonight.

If you would like to read more about Paul's take on uniforms click here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are obbssed with Football...its cool though, I was looking at getting the new madden game, sounds pretty neat...dunno if I will though.

Unknown said...

oh....and that's pretty neat with teh radio reciver things...