Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Preaching

So, many of you saw that I was working yesterday on my day off. Why you may ask? Well, I'm starting a two week sermon series this weekend here at Evangel. My dad is taking a team down to Mexico City for a week of prayer and meetings with local pastors. So that leaves little old me here to preach on Sundays. It should be fun.

I'm going to do a series on Parenthood. I figure that we all have parents, are parents or someday will be parents. And when my kids were born they forgot to give me the manual for raising kids.

But what I've noticed is that as I'm preparing this sermon, it seems that I'm preaching to myself. This happens a lot when I start working on a sermon. It just seems that everything I'm talking about are things I need to work on. Which I think helps when I speak on Sundays, the message is something real to me.

I've also starting working on some of the creative elements for this weekend. I'm working on a little video with my kids that I'll hopefully show at the end of the message. Getting my 7 year old and 4 year old to act natural for the camera wasn't hard!

Anyway, on to work today. I need to meet with some of the guys here for some help with the creative elements. Wow, I really do miss my old creative team.

1 comments:

Consuming Fire said...

That's because your old creative team was awesome!!!!! Yeah, that's right.... I was there.... for a lil while anyway!