Monday, February 4, 2008

Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts from the weekend:

*We had a great weekend at Evangel. Not only did our kickoff to our Missions Sunday go really well, but our Chilli Bowl was incredible last night. The inflatables were great for the kids and the Chilli Cook-off turned out really well too. Oh yeah, there was a game on the big screens too.

*Speaking of the "Super" Bowl, I really don't understand how Cowboys fans could cheer for the New York Giants. I have to be clear here, I don't like anyone else in the NFC East. There is the Cowboys and no one else. I don't want to hear about how people are sick of the Patriots. So am I. The truth is, I disliked both teams playing last night. I just hate the Giants more.

*The New York Giants are Super Bowl Champs and Eli Manning is your MVP. Now that's a sentence I wish I had never had to write.

*We had a weird night Friday night. It seems that something my daughter ate didn't really agree with her. You never want to hear your kids knock on your bedroom door in the middle of the night and tell you that they just threw up in their bed. Not cool.

*It was fun having Charlie here this past weekend. It was great of him to hang out with some of the staff here and help give them ideas in their areas. It was also fun to just hang out again.

*My kids went to Hannah Montana 3D. It was funny to see them get home. My 7 year old daughter was on cloud nine. She thought it was great. My 4 year old son thought it was boring. Funny stuff.

*I am amazed at what parents will let their kids watch. Charlie and I went to a movie that was definitely not kid friendly. It was even at 7:30 at night. But we saw about 10 kids under the age of 10 walk in with their parents. And there were more under the age of 17. Crazy.

Well, that's enough for today.

0 comments: