Monday, June 2, 2008

Grocery Store

I was sent on an errand yesterday to pick up a Sunday paper. Pretty inexpensive trip right?

Well not for me. I can't seem to go to the grocery store and just walk out with one thing. It's almost a sickness.

So back to the trip yesterday. With my daughter with me, we called home to see if there was anything else we needed. Come to find out we really needed some more milk. So we headed back to the dairy isle for milk. On our way to the back we passed a great deal on Gatorade which I couldn't pass up.

So now we're carrying a newspaper, two half gallons of milk and five Gatorade bottles. Luckily we found a shopping cart in the back of the store to help with the load.

On the way back to the front of the store we passed something called a "Baseball snack pack" which my daughter really needed for her softball practice later in the day.

It was time to leave I decided. A simple trip to the store had turned into something a little more. So we headed up to the checkout. And then I saw it. Something I just knew I needed. The official Kansas Jayhawk National Championship DVD. With the commercial free broadcast of the championship game. Plus it has both semi-final games as well! So I can watch Kansas beat UNC anytime I want!



But there's a problem. There are no copies in the display. What will I do? How can I go on?

Luckily I found a copy laying by the check-out registers. So I knew it had to be fate. I put it in the cart and checked out.

So, long story long. I am not allowed to go to the grocery store on my own again. It's just too dangerous. A simple $1.50 trip turns into something a whole lot more.

0 comments: