Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Anniversary Night

So last weekend was my 11 year anniversary. Time sure does fly by. So I decided to surprise Crystal with a night out on Saturday night.

You have to understand, my wife doesn't do surprises too well. She's a planner and wants to plan out the schedule ahead of time. So when I wouldn't tell her where we were going or what we were doing she was...let's just say...nervous. I told her to dress up a little but not too much. And when she saw me wearing something nicer than shorts she started wondering what we were doing. In her words..."you never dress up like that when we go on a date."

So at 5 PM I got home (we were leaving at 5:30) and the first thing she tells me is that she hopes we're not eating because she's really full. That was a problem since we had a dinner reservation at a really nice place at 6 PM. So inside I'm thinking....OH NO!!!

But we made it out the door and to the restaurant at 6 PM. She was surprised because we've never eaten there with just the two of us. They knew it was our anniversary when we came so they congratulated us on 11 years. Dinner went really well...they even took a picture of us and put it in a nice card.

And I have to say thank you to some special people who helped us with the dinner that night. We were blessed with a gift card that covered our complete meal. We both had fillets! It was great.

Then I told her that this wasn't the end of the night. We had more planned. She looked at me with that worried look once again and I just smiled. I wasn't going to give up anything!

And if you follow my twitter you know where we ended up that night. Les Miserables was playing in town. Here's a picture of us in our seats:

We were sitting in Row L which gave us just incredible seats. If you've never seen the show Les Miserables you're really missing out! Crystal and I had both seen it before and both know the music quite well so we were really excited to see it again.
And I have to say that the show didn't disappoint. It was great.

So it was after 11:30 when we got home that night. A late night but really worth it. And did I mention the kids were staying the night with Grandma?

Can't wait for the next 11 years.

0 comments: