Thursday, January 15, 2009

Am I done?



Well it looks like Michael Jordan has announced the plans for his new shoe called Air Jordan 2009. (They sound like they're really cool and unique...click the link to read more) It seems that they are moving away from numbering the shoes each year. It was a natural break since last year was the Air Jordan 23 and that was Michael's number.

Now as most of you know I've been collecting the Air Jordan signature shoe each year since it has started. Yes, I have all 23 pairs and even some years I have multiple pairs. It's sort of an obsession that started when I was in 7th grade with the Air Jordan 3. And I will admit that most of the shoes in the collection have never even been on my feet. That's right, they're still brand new in the box. (But they are my size!)

So here is my question and my dilema: Is it time for me to stop collecting the shoes? Since they are starting something new this year and even increasing the price by $15, is it time? I know it's an easy decision for my wife to make, but this collection has been going on for 23 years! I really don't know how I feel about it yet. It's almost like I'm giving up on something from my childhood.

I will admit that I haven't been as excited over the past few years about getting the shoes. I used to be up at 5 AM waiting at the store to be first in line, lately I've been up at midnight getting them online.

So, maybe I'm just getting older...or maybe it's just smart to use the money in different ways. But I'm not sure I want to start collecting these new shoes....sorry Michael.

0 comments: