Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Great Job

I talked about customer service in my last post so I thought I would share a positive experience I just had.

Last weekend I purchased a new iPod case at Best Buy that will help while I'm working out at the Y. I wore it for the first time on Monday. Last night I noticed that the straps were starting to rip. Not good. So I headed home to look for the receipt to take it back.

But wouldn't you know that the one time I clean up after myself was Sunday night? The trash was coming Monday morning so I walked around the house picking up stuff that should be in the trash. And one of the things I picked up was the bag and receipt that this iPod case came in.

So now I'm a little upset with myself. I know that the policy at Best Buy is that you need your receipt for all returns and exchanges. Without it I thought I was lost. But then I had an idea, what about looking up the receipt through my Rewards Card? (Which by the way is the greatest thing EVER!) So I called up the Best Buy store where I made my purchase and talked to someone in Customer Service.

And I have to say, it was a very nice and pleasant experience. She helped me out and found the record of my purchase. She told me to just bring the reward card with me and someone would be able to help me.

So today I did. And they did. And now I'm happy. Thanks Best Buy. Another reason you're my favorite store.

0 comments: