Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

It's nice to have some time off. Since we didn't have anything at the church last night, we piled in the van and are in Kansas City right now. The kids have had fun in the pool here at the hotel and we had a great dinner last night at Joe's Crab Shack. We noticed something interesting about that place, it had a lot of young families coming in and teenagers eating there. Maybe it's a little bit of the food and some cool atmosphere but they were reaching those groups of people. Giving me ideas and hope for our church....but I'm on a mini-vacation. So on with the story.

Joe's had all you can eat popcorn shrimp and I think I had all I could eat. But the kids had a cool dessert that would be great to try. It's a design a sundae with ice cream sandwiches. They cut the ice cream sandwich into four little pieces and placed it on a plate that looks like a painter's palate. In the little holes of the plate were chocolate sauce, sprinkles, and smashed up candy bar pieces. Then the kids could dip their ice cream sandwich into whatever they wanted. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Here are some pics:





And we've got a full schedule today. We're heading to Legends Mall and eating at T-Rex.

Should be fun. I'll let you know.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, time off is great for everyone.

Joe's crab shack...hmmm...will have to go sometime. Hahaha, you ate all you could, I bet you ate so many crabs....poor crabs...
Dessert sounds good though.

Man, Caden sure looks like he has grown over the summer.