Friday, September 21, 2007

Sprinkler

Yesterday I get home from work to find that one of our sprinkler heads in the backyard was broken. Broken I ask? How could this be? Well, come to find out my son was outside playing in the sprinklers while they were running and didn't like that one of them kept spraying him. (Not sure why he was playing in the sprinkler then.)

Anyway, since he didn't like one of them spraying him he walked over to it and gave it a good kick. Now he's only three but looks like he five so I guess his kick was pretty powerful because he broke the head all the way down to the pipe.

So I get home and take a look and decide its not something I want to try and fix. So I have our maintenance team come and take a look at it this morning. I'm really thinking that it's a quick little fix.

So I get a call from the guy that is going over to the house so I call Crystal to let her know that he's on the way. About 15 minutes later I get a call from Crystal telling me the bad news.

She says they need to dig up all around the sprinkler head to find where it's cracked and it will cost over 200 bucks! I'm just silent for a minute. I wasn't prepared for this. 200 bucks is eating into my iphone/big screen tv fund.

And then she laughs at me in the phone and says something like, "gotcha!" It really took 5 minutes to fix. I get the next few minutes of her laughing and laughing. Thinking how great the prank was and that she really got me going.

I'm just relieved that my iphone/big screen tv fund is still intact.

As my wife continues to laugh in my ear on the phone I realize that after 10 years of marriage she really is becoming like me.

And that's a scary thought.

0 comments: