Monday, February 18, 2008

Crazy Words

I must admit that when I'm preaching sometimes I say the dumbest things. My former youth pastor is still a member of Evangel and brought this list to me after the AM service yesterday:

"These are words that you never hear in church, I'm going to post them on the internet somewhere,

butts, weenie, dang it, poop, seat warmers and take out your cell phones"

So I guess I did him a favor and posted them on the internet for him. And yes, I did say each of these things. But I'm sure they all make sense in context!

Also, I tried something different at the end of my message. I invited people in the congregation to text pastormarc to the number 66937 if they wanted to receive more information from my message this week. If you try it yourself, you should receive a message back that you'll have to reply to with the letter Y. It's kind of a cool idea, I hope it works!

1 comments:

Sissy said...

Hey there!

You certainly do have a way with the words! Ha.

As a woman I can tell you that I thought the same thing at first about those survey results...that mom doesn't seem to matter that much. But I think that is just my feminist side talking. However, it does seem to me that women have secondary roles in most churches...we can't be deacons, etc. I guess the challenge for women is to find a place they feel fulfilled contributing without feeling spited that some roles just aren't available to us. It can be a hard balance.