Friday, October 10, 2008

Catalyst Day Two

I'm sitting in my hotel room after a full day at the Catalyst Conference. Everything is packed up ready for our flight home tomorrow morning. I must admit that it will be great to be home with the family.

But looking back at today's sessions I must admit that God was all over the place. Through some incredible speakers and intense worship I felt God all day long. It's almost overwhelming what He was saying to me through all of this. It will take several days to unpack everything.

Some of my favorites today: Andy Stanley closed things out and like always just nailed his session. I also really loved the session by a speaker named Matt Chandler. He's a pastor in the Dallas area. (I won't post all of the notes here...there are several other blogs that have some great notes...let me know and I'll send you the links.)

Also Billy Graham received the Lifetime Achievement award from Catalyst today. He wasn't able to be here because of health reasons (He turns 90 next month) but his son Franklin was here and accepted the award for him. I don't know of another person in ministry that is respected like Billy Graham. What God has used him to do is simply incredible.

Well...it's time for me to get away. Like I said before I'm looking forward to seeing my family tomorrow when I get home. I'm going to spend some time with them and then it's off to the church to prepare for Sunday's message.

Looking forward to Catalyst 09!

0 comments: